How does the game match up racers

A couple of buddies and I were curious while playing in JAM mode /multilayer how does the game determine who your opponent will be ? I know that it goes to the player who has the closest time to yours but there has been quite a few times where me and some friends had almost exact times off by literally a few thousandths of a second and we anticipated that because of the times were so close that we would be sure be racing one another but in the 2 years I’ve Been playing iv never faced anyone that I actually knew while playing in Jam week I’m not sure if it’s just because there are so many people racing or what ?
What I mean by racing them I mean racing the recorded run not actually racing them live

In Jam, you always get matched up against someone with a slightly better time, thats correct.

Regarding your question, I think it have to do with the number of players worldwide (ap. 150-200k?)

I got 20 people that I follow, so called friends.
I think I got a few of them as my random opponent like 4 or 5 times

I follow and have people following me as well maybe around the same 20 or so but there is 3 of us in particular that including myself who’s laps times are usually real close we just figured we would end up matching up eventually but I know that well this jam week for example I believe there are 120, 000 different racers so far that have at least made a attempt so it makes sense why. Right on man thanks for the reassurance.

Yup, most of my “friends” are at the same skill level aswell, some are better (@Monroe201, @SyrianAtheist, @LesterWire and @Steve-ox for instance) and some are WAY WORSE (@Birdshaw).
I got @TCR_Elvis_PR and TCR_José as random opponents twice, pretty fun to get matched up against a net friend

HA HA HA That’s Hella Funny Also interesting to know cuz its hard to tell who’s got skills and who don’t just by reading the forums.

Send the ones wich skillz you’re interested in a Versus challenge to find out, or follow them/us to see their/our weekly Jam progress and stats :slight_smile:

I’m not going to stoop to your level. I’m am a person who resolves arguments via calm reason. So without further ado: Go fuck yourself with a nail gun.

We love it when we whine, innit? :wink:

How about making a challenge track Shaw vs Kip? Maybe you two should draw it up.

We actually talked about it and was really close of doing something similar… But other things got in our way. Might doing something in the future though :slight_smile:

I had my track in Jam once, "Kip Da Whip. It was awesome

If I remember correctly kip da whip was one of the first couple jam races I participated in. :beers:

Right on man! Right on :slight_smile:
My unique design and sense of smart details was loved all over the world :smile:

All jokes aside, the global attempt count was real high. I actually dont remember wich week it was

Kip da Whip was a doodle!

:slight_smile:

@Factoryyamaha112 and @KingKnobbywuzhere what’s your in-game usernames?

It was all taken care of , Thank you though

Kingknobby

Sorry bro , I didn’t realize that I had a few emails that were overlooked , You had asked back on Oct 11 I believe what my in game user name was ? That would be MXTHUG122 incase you were still wondering ? If not disregaurd . .
Peace.

I am to. I was play with friends sometimes. I remember play with members of my team.

Well… It isn’t our fault that you aren’t friends with the players we match you with, is it? :troll:

Seriously though: we only take the skill into account in jam at the moment. It would be nice to prefer friends if someone is at the same level though

I meet to @THR_Birdshaw